Friday, November 9, 2007

More Volunteers


Yay! My color cards for the Knit Picks Wool of the Andes came. I ordered both the solids and the heathers. It's like insta-crack. All those colors, all the possiblities for projects..and so cheap, wait, I mean economical!

I finally *drumroll* finished the DH's socks! Yay yay!


He wore them to work the other day and they sagged a bit, so I need to go buy some reinforcement elastic. That will hopefully take care of that.

I've finished one of my Fetchings, in the amazing Sublime yarn. I want a bed made out of this, so I can roll around in it. It is so sproingy! And perfect for cables since there really isn't any halo. (By the way I do have normal fingers, not stubby weird ones! My nails are just a mess so I bent my fingers under.)


I need to finish off the other one and cast on for A's seamless yoke sweater as well as my Mom's second pair of socks. I think I'll be doing Jaywalkers again. It is such a great pattern. (Note on the photo. I DO have full fingers, not stubby weird ones ..I just bent my fingers under because my nails are a mess!)

As for the Volunteers that hopped a ride with my Knit Pick colorcards, here they are!
It's two skeins of their Essential in Fawn. I was surprised at the feel of this yarn, I really like it. Not sure what I'm going to do with it yet, but it'll be a textured or cabled pair of socks since it's a solid yarn.

I'm so happy to have the stupid freaking socks done. Whew. I'm a bit between a project knitter and a process knitter. I love to knit. I can't stand to be sitting in my chair without something for my hands to do, but damn it's so nice to finish a project!!