Thursday, July 17, 2008

Moving On


Yay, I have an FO. :)

Specs:
Pattern:
Monkey - Cookie A.
Yarn: Shibui Sock in Orchid. GREAT yarn.
Needles: size 2
Started: June 25, 2008
Finished: July 10, 2008

This is a bit more true to color. It's very vibrant and fun. The lime ended up swirling all up the sock.

I have all my yarn from Ravelry now, so I cast on for the Drawstring Raglan. Should I tell you how much freaking trouble I had getting this thing started? You cast on 307 for the size I'm doing, that alone is a bear. Then on the fourth row you do the stitch pattern, simple yo and k2togs kinda thing. No problem, right? Ya, right. I screwed it up FOUR times. And you can't tink back that much, you have to frog and pretty much it's better to just rip it all out and start over. Oi. I guess I just couldn't pay enough attention to what the heck I was doing...it was little things like missing a yo and do an extra stitch. A total pain for me!

It's going now and looking lovely. I knew if I could just get the pattern set I'd be golden because I could read my knitting to ensure that I was on track. But seriously, casting on over 1200 stitches in 2 days. Um that sucked!

The colors are lovely. I have 4 Silky Tweed and one Silky Wool. It really shouldn't make too much of a difference. The dark brown is the Silky Wool and I use it the least in the pattern.

I'm on the third color now and it's going along quickly. I hope this will fit well, because it's going to be cute!

Last but no least, my Options Tank has stalled for a bit. I had put in a request for the Knitting on the Edge book to pick a pattern. It finally came in today, so now I can hopefully finish that up.

Hope all is going well with you and your knitting!