Sunday, August 20, 2006

The point...

Sometimes I forget the reasons for knitting, for example when weaving in over 160 ends. But, thanks to my 2 year-old, I stumbled on a pile of reasons when I came home from the grocery store.

She'd gotten into our winter scarves/hats/gloves storage and strewn them all over the floor. It made me smile, while muttering about the mess. But there they were, concrete evidence of my previous labors for my family; 5 hats and 4 scarves.

I actually acheive something when I knit. I create an object for myself or loved one that lasts, even if it ends up on the floor at some point. These items will keep my family warm and dry this coming winter, fall and spring, just like they did last year and will continue to in the future.

How cool is that?
Way cool in my mind.

Excuse me, but I have some more ends to go weave in!