Friday, April 11, 2008

Hello Sunshine...

Um ya,
Sunshine, there's none of that here. We just have lots and lots of rain. I keep telling myself, and anyone within earshot, April showers bring May flowers! Honest!

We've had the cruddiest winter in eons and it looks like our Spring is just going to be wet wet wet. All I have to say is we'd better have THE BEST SUMMER EVER to make up for this crap. Seriously.

I'd show you some luscious new yarn I have but all the pictures were so washed out and ugly, I just couldn't misrepresent beauty like that. So hopefully the sun will make an appearance soon.

I have been knitting away on the Bartholomew Socks from Cat Bordhi's book. It's going well. It's a huge sock, as in long. It fits me perfectly and is really lovely.

The colors stink in this picture. They are much prettier. Gotta love Briar Rose Fibers!

I have to start knitting on a pair of mitts for a Brown Bag swap at the Greater Milwaukee Knitting Guild. Once a year we bring in a brown bag with a ball or two from our stash, it's secretly swapped with someone else, they take it home and knit it into something and it's returned to the original owner. It's kinda fun, but this year I got 2 skeins of Lang Jawoll Color. It's ugly, it feels bad on my hands and I'm not knitting a pair of socks for someone when I don't know their size. :P So I settled on a pair of fingerless mitts and I might do a mini sock and a mini raglan sweater ornament. I just want to finish it up soon since the next Sock Pentathlon pattern comes out on May 1st.

So what's on your needles?