Friday, June 6, 2008

Pictures!


See? I've been knitting, obsessive knitting actually. I have so many dishrags it's getting a tad embarrassing.

I was tired of sitting around doing the typical increase on the edge pattern. Surfing the web and Ravelry was so fun! There is such a variety of patterns out there. I chose two that really intrigued me.

This is the Vortex Pattern. It's my first whack at this pattern and I'm sure my next will be much better. It takes a once through to get the concept of the design. It is so cool. It is knit in two different colorways. Ravelry link , Regular Link
It's really fun!

Vortex Washrag

Another fun pattern I found was Garterlac Dishcloth. I'd never done Enterlac before and this is perfect beginner pattern and because it's all garter stitch, that's one less thing to have to worry about. You can really wrap your mind around the concept. Ravelry link, Regular Link
and a wonderful picture tutorial out on Flickr.


Gartlerlac Dishrag

It appears I am FINALLY over my knitterly block with the brown bag exchange yarn. It is Jawoll Color in rainbow. I hate this yarn. It's become affectionately know as 'that piece of shit yarn' around my house. For those of you that enjoy this yarn, all the power to you, but when /I/ use it, it squeaks and makes my skin crawl!!

I first chose to do a pair of mitts.

It was tedious, unpleasant and became a 'job' so of course it stayed on the bottom of the work bag. As the days went by, it grew heavier and heavier on my mind. I finally frogged the mitt, it was a tad bit longer than shown. I looked around and thought I'd make various Christmas ornaments with it; mini raglan sweaters, mini socks, stars/hearts from EZ. But when I cast on, I just couldn't get the mojo going, it still felt like work. NOT FUN. Back it went to the bottom of the work basket.

I called one of my best friends, Woman Who Says Knita and asked her how would she feel if she'd put yarn into an exchange and then got back her yarns plus ...say five dishrags? I was beaten by this blasted yarn! She said nicely she'd be upset. Not the answer I wanted, but the one I knew was RIGHT. C suggested I use it as a carry along yarn. Hmm! There was a whole new direction I hadn't thought of! Hats or mittens ideas were bandy about and I settled on doing a generic Yarn Harlot hat while carrying the Jawoll along with some Simply Satin in black. It was ok, but I was running out of options and time so I plugged along.

One night when I set it down I realized it look a bit like a purse. Hmm. And wham bang shazam my knitting mojo came back. Yay! I had inspiration and was off like a shot.


I know how to crochet even though I prefer knitting. It is a skill that comes in handy at times. I chose to crochet up some small roses and will sew them on around the bag. I have 5 different solid colors, so I'm thinking it will be pretty cute.

It's amazing how true it is that if you love what you do, it's not work to you. I can't wait to finish this just to see how it's going to turn out. I've had so much fun working on it since it became a 'purse'. I'm just glad C. helped me figured out what this yarn was destined to be!!!

I'll be sure to post an FO layout when it's done!

Hope all is good for you. :)

Oh on the surgery front, things are healing well but I'm still sore as the dickens. Things are settling and all the bruising is coming out, but I'll survive. :)