Friday, May 4, 2007

Full Disclosure

I was reading Julia's blog and felt the need to 'fess up myself.

I'm not quite as clever as she is, so my list is just a list. ;) But these are ALL the items on my needles as of this moment.

This is from the oldest to most current project.


I started this sweater..heck so long ago I don't even know. Hmm must have been almost 2 years ago now. I was making it for someone and then became a bit uninspired to gift it to them. So it's stalled. It's beautiful. It's a pattern from The Best of Knitters Arans and Celtics called 'Wonderous Woven Cables'. I'm using Knit Pick's Wool of the Andes. Great yarn, interesting knit..but there it languishes. I have to admit I'm nervous to pick it back up because of gauge. It was so long ago my knitting style has change and I'm afraid it will look like dog poop.


The Mason-Dixon Perfect (hell) Sweater. It's just a SEA of stockingnet. There sits the completed front and back, and the 2 sleeves are almost half way done. I'll get this finished before the Fall, but I just can't pick it up right now. It's knit in Cascade 220 Heathers. I really like it and know I'll enjoy wearing it.



And then there was the Shifting Sands pattern from Grumperina, knit in Malabrigo. It's soft, gorgeous and well..just not what I want so..


Bye bye Shifting Sands. I think I'm going to try and make an Hourglass sweater with the yarn instead. I have 3 hanks, so I'll figure something out. For now it's back into the stash.


Here's the hubby's sock. It's a bucket load of stitches, done on 1's. The Trekking is lovely, and these will get done sooner or later. It sits next to my knitting chair and I do a few rounds on it every day or so. I did some slip stitches in the arch to make it more snug for his high arches. Will have to see how that works out.


Ah the current love on the needles. The Chevron scarf in STR. I love it. It's mindless enough for TV watching, yet interesting enough that you don't want to gouge your eyes out! I'd say I'm almost 1/2 way done.


This is the Rowan Summer Tweed I'm futzing with. I'd like to make some summer tanks for my girls with it, but have yet to really commit to the project.


And then there's the current Rockin' Sock Club yarn. I THINK I may have found the right pattern for it. I don't want to do the Grasshoppers since I'm just not into 'sandal socks'. More photos when it's progressed.


Whew and that's it. 7 projects, one frogged so really just 6. I'm actively knitting on three of them (hubby's socks, chevron and the RSC yarn), leaving 3 hanging in limbo land. Not too bad. Could be worse. Much worse.