Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Me and Stitches!


Thank you Cristina!
I love her blog. I'm not a huge crocheter (just know enough to know I don't know squat) and I love to see what she's whipped up. :)

Now it's my turn to tag five lovely bloggers!

The Woman Who Says Knit. It's all HER fault I started down this blogging road, though you could technically blame me for starting her on knitting..hmmm.. Anyway you should hop over there and check out her haul from Stitches!

Miss B of Knitters Uncensored Podcast, though I 'knew her when'. ;) This woman can SERIOUSLY knit the crap out of socks, let me tell you. Wollmeise or not!

Peggy of Chasing Bunny. I love to see her knits and her kidlets!

Julie of Samurai Knitter
I'm not sure if I look forward more to the release of the new Vogue Knittings for the patterns or her hilarious review.

Theresa of The Keyboard Biologist Knits
Even with a new baby she's inspiring!

Check out these blogs if you haven't already. It's always fun to meet new friends. :)


Stitches 07!

Fun. Absolute fun and just joy of being with friends while doing things you love.
I bought more than enough stuff!

One skein of silkie STR in a Midsummers Night, a blue colorway that I'm going to knit up for Mom's Christmas gift.

Enough Silky Wool to knit one of the Elsbeth Lavold sweaters from the Book 1 Vikings, Ljold for me.


Shi Biu sock yarn to make socks for my girls in the Orchid colorway. I really Love this stuff. If you are a STR fan, take a look, seriously.

The AMAZING new Cat Bordhi book, New Pathways for Sock Knitters. Worth every penny. I swear Cat's the current EZ. Her mind? It just works differently. :)

An entrelac bowl/bag pattern with leather maple leaves to put on it.

I took two great classes. Russian Continental Knitting, which unfortunately still hurts my wrist. It was taught by a wonderful Russian lady who made me laugh..alot. The Russian dry sense of humor really gets me.

I also took The Joy of Finishing. A great class with tons of little hints in it. Next year I hope to take something by Sally Melvile or Nancy Bush. We'll see!

I'll be getting some photos up in the next few days!