Monday, August 27, 2007

It's a comin...

Fall.
It's coming.
There's just something in the air. It's a bit cooler and the light is starting to change. It also seems like the knitting is beginning in earnest on the Blogs again. Who wants to have a ton of wool in their lap when it's 80, but when it's 60? It's a good thing!

I also saw this today.

If you can't see, those are YELLOW leaves. It's the house across the street from us. Their tree is always the first one to turn and drop it's leaves.

And then I've started seeing more and more of this

Squirrel activity. :)

As for my activity, I'm working on the Super Secret Baby Knitting (TM). Other than that, I move along on the clown version of the Monkey socks. This suckers are loud. LOUD.


Have to say I'm glad I'd earmarked this for my Mom, because...well I don't like them. :)

Last, but certainly not least, Abby is teaching friends to knit! How adorable is that? She's been knitting since she was 5 and we have 2 girls next door 6 and 9 who thought it'd be fun to learn. I had nothing at all to do with it, which makes it even cooler. :) She came and asked me for extra needles and yarn. Here's what I saw later. The blue is Abby's ...the other girls took theirs home, so we'll see if it goes anywhere.

Isn't that cute? I gave them each some Sugar and Cream because they liked the colors. I doubt it will go any further, but it just reaffirms to me that Abby is becoming a Knitter! She's trying to infect, I mean teach, others!