Monday, October 29, 2007

Yes, More FOs with various UFOs

Insomnia is still running rampant here since I'm attempting to not live with sleep medications. Ugh.
But my knitting continues to thrive. :)


We have some Trick or Treating here on the weekend before Halloween. Why? I've no idea and think it is bizarre. The kids love it because they usually go out twice a year. Anyway!
Here's a picture of my sewing FO. I sewed A's witch costume and she actually helped me. It was a lot of fun, though I think it's ruined my iron! The fabric has glitter in it and it seems to have stuck to it! V's a ballerina with things we pretty much just threw together around the house. :)


My next FO is a knitted one. The Foliage cap from Knitty.com in Malabrigo. Yum. What else is there to say about it? Quick and luscious.

Specs:
Pattern:
Foliage from Knitty.com
Yarn: Worsted Malabrigo in Verdeazul, less than 1 hank
Needles: size 7s and 5s
Started: October 2007
Finished: October 2007





And just to share, the funny arty ones were me Kinnearing myself and the last one is taken by my 3 year old. Yes she IS a better photographer than I am...

I dug through my pile of UFOs and decided to finish up the husband's socks. It was the first time I really ran into Second Sock Syndrome. Horrid thing, that is. This an old photo of the first before I finished it. I've just finished the ribbing on the second.


I only have 3(!) UFOs lying around now. Thank goodness for Finishitis! Just wish it'd hit more often. Here's a rundown of what's left.

Jaywalkers in Wild Tide Silkie from Blue Moon. I ran out of the yarn on the foot and need to order more. I just haven't felt flush enough in the funds department to make this happen. So it sits there on the needles alongside it's completed mate looking very forlorn.

Here's a shot of the second before I ran out of yarn.


Norwegian Gloves in various Dale of Norway Helio. I really like this pattern, but started it in the summer and the wool was just too hot to deal with. I picked it back up a few weeks ago, finished the first hand and was starting the fingers when I realized the FREAKING thing doesn't fit. The hand/palm portion is too short. I honestly don't know what the hell I'm going to do. I figure I can either add some random patterning on the hand to extend it, or repeat the main pattern and make mittens. I hate mittens though, so that's the crux of that.


Finally, the sweater that will never be.
I started making this for someone and realized it wasn't going to really be appreciated and put it away. I have a sleeve and the back done. The sweater won't fit anyone else I know so there really isn't a reason to finish it. I had a thought of making the back into a pillow. Just knit a plain back sew them together and put around a pillow form. I'll have to use the sewing machine and cut it down, which is never fun, but then at least it would be out of the closet and in use. And I'll use the bag of leftover yarn for something else, maybe a sweater vest for me...


So it's been busy here! Hope all is well with you. :)