Monday, October 1, 2007

Hubris gets us all...

Main Entry: hu·bris
Pronunciation: 'hyü-br&s
Function: noun
Etymology: Greek hybris
: exaggerated pride or self-confidence

I know, I'll clean out my stash.
Look at that, there's got to be a sweater's worth of Wool-Ease there.
I know, I'll make my first EZ Yoke Sweater, cuz like..I can do that, I'm a Knitter.


That's the ticket, do the sleeve first until I can buy the right size needle for the body.

Get needle. Cast on 230 stitches. Join in round. Silently mock instructions of 'Don't twist'. After all I've knit so much in the round and have NEVER done that. 2 inches into the body realize it's freaking twisted. Try to frog, yarn gets knotted and toss whole thing in the damn trash (not the needles of course) after also realizing there's no WAY there is enough of this yarn for this sweater and the point was to stash BUST not enhance. Ugh.

Stash dive again and pray that everything turns out ok this time. Come up with Malabrigo and find the Foliage pattern from Knitty. Blog about it all and use annoying writing style!


Yes, I'm happy. I love my owner.

It seems to be working out ok. Let me tell you moving from Wool-Ease to Malabrigo...I have NO issues about abandoning the sweater. Malabrigo, damn it's really all that. This has been marinating in my stash since late last winter. I had intended on making Grumperina's Shifting Sands. It's a gorgeous pattern, but just didn't get me, so the yarn was put away until now.

I also had an FO over the last few days.
My 'Ugly Socks'.


Specs:
Pattern: Sock Recipe, Yarn Harlot
Yarn: Leftover Socks That Rock from Blue Moon Sauvie Island Socks
Needles: size 2 DPNs, Clovers
Started: September 14, 2007
Finished: September 28, 2007

I'm hoping the weather will cool down soon. I'm ready for 60's and 50's in the day and it's still hovering in the mid to high 70's. It's nice, but not sweater weather and I want to finish my Perfect Sweater but it's not happening until I can wear it!

Thanks for all the Spider comments. I didn't kill it, but damn if it wasn't gone the next day. I'm keeping my eyes peeled for that sucker!