Sunday, November 11, 2007

Brrrr November

Grey gray whatever..that's what it is outside! It may put a damper on outdoor activities and cause a bunch of chapped lips because the heat is running inside, but damn it seems to put the fire under my knitting!!

Here is the FO of Fetchings. These were what the rest of the Blogsphere has been raving about, fun, easy and rewarding to knit.



Specs:
Pattern:
Fetching from Knitty.com
Yarn: Sublime Ultra Fine Merino DK
Needles: size 7s
Started: November 2007
Finished: November 11, 2007

I was terrified I wasn't going to have enough yarn. This is ALL I had left. Seriously!!


I didn't properly write up the Waffle socks, so here goes!


Specs:
Pattern:
Waffle Pattern from Sensational Knitted Socks by Charlene Schurch
Yarn: Trekking XXL
Needles: size 1s
Started: April 1, 2007!!!
Finished: November 7, 2007

I need to take a close up of the arches. My DH's has very high arches so I did a band of slip stitches on the sole of the arch. It helps keep them nice and snug on his foot and give him a feeling of support. He likes them, so all is good! Just need to add a the reinforcing elastic to keep the cuff from sagging.

Onward and upward! I've been wanting to tackle an EZ seamless yoke for awhile now. I also wanted to knit a sweater for my oldest daughter, so I went stash diving and came up with some fun colors in Cascade 220. After my success with my Perfect Sweater I know this will knit up just right. Luckily the daughter loved the colors and helped me lay them out. I went and bought 2 more skeins of the main color, the lime quatro.


I cast on last night and already have 2 inches on the body. Gotta love knitting a kid sweater!!

Hmm I think that's all for now! Gotta go knit on that so I can get to the colorwork. :)