Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Smokin Needles

Ok, so I'm not really smoking needles, but rather my needles are smokin because they are being used so much. I felt that was worthy of clarifying!

I'm finally knitting my first Elizabeth Zimmerman sweater. I've been a long time fan of hers, but just haven't made anything. I've started a Seamless Yoke from the Knitting without Tears book. It uses the EZ percentage system which is painless. The sweater is going to be for my oldest who is 7 so it's is knitting up ridiculously fast. The yarn is the workhorse Cascade 220 on 7's.


I had a couple of skeins of Cascade in my stash and Abby liked them. She helped pick out which would be the main color and added a few to the accent colors. I love knitting this color. It's Quatro in an apple green. I never would have chosen this for the main color, I would have gone with the more sedate periwinkle we have. But this is awesome! And now she's invested in the sweater and excited about it's progress.

I'm not planning on doing the whole 'knit like a maniac' thing for Christmas. If I have time and inclination I might do a few washcloths or dishrags, but I'm not going to stress over it. The only item on the Official Christmas List is another pair of socks for my Mom. I bought the yarn specifically for her at Stitches East. It's Socks That Rock Silkie in Midsummer Night. It's lovely reminding me of denim. I cast on for a pair of Jaywalkers. The pattern goes really well with the Silkie.


I can really tell it's the cooler months of the year. This past summer I feel like I didn't get much done, but now it's the knitting time of the year. :)