Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Train Wreck


Yep,
It finally happened.
The knitting gods decided I was getting too smug and feeling too confident.

I'm going to have to scrap my homework and start over. It's off gauge AND I messed up on the Fair Isle. I figured, hey, I can just fudge the colorwork. I was on cold meds when I did it and let the pattern get away from me..but it's just a doll sweater. So I chug on and I realize that the gauge is off AND I'm about to run out of yarn. Thbbt. I know I won't be able to get the right dye lot.


So I'm going to put what I have into the Stash box, take my lumps and learn my lessons.

  1. Buy more yarn than you think you'll need.
  2. Don't do colorwork while on cold meds.
  3. Make your gauge swatch at least 6x6.
There is no way I can go to a Yarn class at my LYS with this pile. Whee. So I'll start casting on again, use smaller needles and PAY ATTENTION.

I hope you have been appeased yarn gods.....