Thursday, March 29, 2007

Knitting Mojo!



Alright! Knitting mojo is slowly coming back. :)


I finished my Monsoon Inside Out Socks. They are so comfortable. I was surprised by so many parts of this pattern.

1. Ribbed foot. Thought it would be uncomfortable, but it's actually really comfy because it hugs your foot.
2. Sizing with different needles. Had never really seen this before. Toes/Heels done with 1's, foot with 0's and leg with 2's.
3. Garter toe/heel. Again, had never seen before. They are very sturdy and again, comfortable.
4. Short row toe/heel. I've done a pair of socks with short row heel and it didn't fit. Obviously I didn't do it right to fit me. :) This pair fits wonderfully!

Mod's None. I did do the foot on DPN's but the leg on Magic Loop. It was hard for me to juggle the DPN's and the cable needle. I will keep this in mind in the future when I do cable socks.


Specs:
Pattern:
Rockin Sock Club Inside/Outside Socks
Yarn: 1 hank of STR Monsoon mediumweight
Needles: size 1 Clover DPNs, size 0 Crystal Palace DPNs, size 2 Addi Turbo Magic Loop
Started: March 3, 2007
Finished: March 24, 2007

Next on the needles is a sock from Trekking XXL for the hubster. I'm planning on doing a simple sock recipe sock for him.