Sunday, April 1, 2007

Onward!

I took a day to bask in the glory of my Inside Out Socks. They really are pretty, comfortable and yada yada. :)

But I have a new love.

Trekking XXL.

Yes I know, you are thinking to yourself, 'Where the heck has SHE been? Trekking is all over the place.'

Yep, it is, but I'd never worked with it before. I wanted to make hubby a pair of socks that he'd actually wear so I picked a manly colorway. Number 69, to be exact. When I grabbed it off the shelf at my LYS I thought 'Eh. Gray. Should be bland enough for Hubby to wear to work.' and it promptly went into the stash for the right moment to cast on.



That day ended up being last Thursday night. And I found out the total coolness that is Trekking XXL #69. It has so many color nuances in it, I was excited to knit with 'gray'! There is a woodsy brown, a dark green, a gray-blue color, yet the colors aren't obnoxious, they are subtle.

And then there is the way it feels. Soft! Lofty! I also hear it washes up well.

I'm using a pattern from Sensational Knitted Socks by Charlene Schurch. It's a great book, I highly recommend it. I think I've knit 4 pairs of socks from it now. Anyway here is the lovely gray sock in the making! Click on it to really see the color variation. It's so neat.