Friday, June 8, 2007

Beware - Knitting Content!

Yay! Well sorta yay. :)

I ran out of yarn, as predicted, on my second Jaywalker. We are taking a bit of a break since we've been so tight lately. I'll buy the yarn in the next month and finish it up. I should have enough yarn to make my mother some shorties. Waste not, want not!

As mentioned previously, I needed some mindless knitting while the wee one had her dental work. Which, by the way, went wonderfully. Thanks for all the good thoughts!!

I came out with a Packers inspired dishcloth.


This is the beginning of the Christmas knitting of 07. I just need to crank out a dozen or so more and that should be good. Everyone can always use a knit dishcloth. They are similar to handknit socks, you never realize how awesome they are until you have one!

I also did a little destashing on the Destash blog. And why does one usually destash? To restash of course!!


Lover's Leap from Socks That Rock in Mediumweight
I'm thinking some cabled goodness, perhaps Lombard Street Socks.



Sherbet in Lightweight
These are destined to be a pair of Monkeys. Yum!

And finally
Jade in Socks That Rock Mediumweight
that will be Embossed Leaves.

My stash is happy with me! I also picked up 5 different colorways of Sugar & Cream to continue the dishcloth work on the side.
Also on my needles are the Norwegian Gloves. I finally settled on the colors.


I've substituted Charcoal for the Natural, Natural for the red, and Green/Pink for Charcoal. Follow? :D
Whew! One last thing to mention. I've had a ganglion cyst in my left wrist for years. It doesn't look like this one, thank goodness. It's actually on the palm side of my hand, inside my wrist. You can't see it from the outside, but you can feel the hardness of it when it's flared up. Which it is now. And it hurts like hell. Hell, I tell you. There's not a ton of knitting going on here at the moment. I have an appointment with a hand surgeon on Monday, so we'll see how it goes. I've never had it drained, but whatever they do it's got to be better than this!

Hope you all have a great weekend!