Monday, June 25, 2007

Vacation and Knitting

Edited to add: It's a great resort up in Eagle River, Wisconsin, called..lots of imagination here.. Eagle Waters Resort. :)
http://www.eaglewaters.com/
They have completely redone the resort since the pictures on the site were taken.
It's lovely. :)

Apparently all I needed was a vacation and new Rockin Sock Club shipment!

We had a wedding to go to 'Up North' as the Wisconsinites say. It was about a 4 1/2 hour drive each way with tons of knitting time over the weekend. Yay!

So while I looked at this.

I worked on turning this


into this

This is my second effort at the toe. I began knitting the large size (i have 9 womens) and they were waaaay to big. So all my knitting from Friday was frogged and begun again. I don't really mind, since I'd rather have a pair of socks that fits than a pair I can't wear. I'm not into gifting STR. ;)

By the time we got home on Monday I'd begun the gusset increase.


I had a great time and this knit is really fun. Hubby and I listened to Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix on the way to and from the resort while I knit the entire time. Yay being shotgun. :)


It was gorgeous 'Up North'. The lakes are so relaxing to watch. I wanted to sit in that swing but never got around to it. :( Maybe next time!

Thanks for all your support in the non-knitting summer heat. I've shelved the gloves for now. I think that stranded wool was just too much in the heat. These socks are the lightweight STR and not nearly as hot to handle.

Hope you all had a great weekend.