Saturday, June 30, 2007

Sock on and Trip Prep

And so the heel turns!


The Solstice Slip continues and it's such a fun knit. I'm really enjoying it. Afterall, what's NOT to enjoy about Socks That Rock? This is my first time using their lightweight and I'm pleased with it. I really love the mediumweight but it can be a problem with bulk in a shoe.

I finally purchased a kitchen scale so I won't be having another Jaywalker fiasco. That pair is still waiting for it's next skein!

My kids and I are taking a road trip down to Texas to see my mother. It should be fun, but I, of course, need to do my wool packing! There is a cute yarn shop near my mom's house in Lubbock, so I know I can get some extra..but I have so much now that I want to knit up!
Last night I got out the swift and ball winder and went to town.

From top left; Euroflax in Sandstone - most likely for a towel from Mason Dixon Knitting, Lovers Leap Mediumweight STR - not sure what sock yet, Lorna's Laces in Sunshine and Lucky Stripe - going to be Eunny's Entrelac Socks, Sherbet Lightweight STR - Monkeys, and Jade Mediumweight STR - Embossed Leaves.

The sherbet is next on the list. I can't wait to cast on for another pair of Monkeys! Just look at these colors!!! I'm so in love. This picture if pretty close to true colors. It's bright, baby, but so yummy.



Sometimes it can feel oppressive when you have a long list of things to knit, but this pile just makes me smile and feel excited!
Knit on Baby!