Thursday, June 7, 2007

Grrr...Computer Rant

Nice new computer should mean no problems, right?

Scratch that idea if the lovely new computer has the piece of crap software that is VISTA on it.

I am so unhappy I could cry or scream or perhaps punch a random MS employee. I'm going to have the husband strip this entirely down and throw all my old software back on the new machine. Can you believe it takes 2 to 3 times as long to get something done? It hangs, just kinda chugs along doing god knows what, in the background.
We called HP, I have a Compaq, and they had us power it down and reboot.

REBOOT? WTF?

There's service for you.

Thank god my DH is an IT guy. So he'll make it work. Nothing like having a private IT dept in your home. :)

Anyway, the long and short of this complaint is I can't edit my photos. My machine can't 'handle' Macromedia Fireworks. PULEAZE. This machine is faster/newer/better than the old one that had no problems with it. It also has problems with Mozilla and Thunderbird. DH and I are convinced that has to be a Software design for VISTA, making you turn to more crappy MS software in hopes that it'll 'work better'. Hah. Fuckers.

I wish with all my heart I could have afforded a Mac. I want a Mac so much it makes my eyes bleed. Anything to get AWAY from MS. Evil evil. But I'm so not a geek enough to work with Linux, one of the DH's favorite toys.

Wow this is a rant worthy of the Samurai Knitter!

I think I'll go off in the corner and mutter some more.