Monday, February 5, 2007

Simple Socks and Cold!

Frigid! Dumb stupid Wisconsin..freakin'..frakin'..
Ok, so it's SO cold here..
HOW cold is it?

Tonight

Bitterly cold. Mostly clear. Lows around 10 below. West winds 5 to 10 mph. Wind chill readings 10 below to 27 below zero.
Tuesday

Bitterly cold. Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of light snow. Highs around 8. West winds 5 to 10 mph. Lowest wind chill readings 6 below to 24 below zero in the morning.

So cold they cancel stupid school for 2 days! Today (Monday) and tomorrow, no school. And Tuesdays are preschool day! My 'free' day. Instead of a free day, it's my day to be sick and home with 2 well, very bored, kids. Aren't you jealous!

On to the knitting. I'm one of those sick sock knitters. I love the yarn, I love turning a heel, love how the project has different parts so I feel as if I'm making progress. Then add to this the fact I have 2 young daughters. Whoohoo! Let the fun begin. There's nothing like a quick knit for a 3 year old. I make them a tad big so they get worn, but I'm not too worried since I know a handful of girls younger than V.

I've one done and am onto the next. I'm using some yarn I bought at Stitches. It was only $5 a hank because it was a test dye run. It's superwash merino with nylon, so there's a no brainer!


Lovin' the piggie flannel jammies! The toe looks a bit pointy, but as I mentioned I made it slightly big. Off to work on the second!