Thursday, February 1, 2007

New FO - Cable Purse.


Yep, This is a quick/easy item but is so adorable.

The pattern is free from KnitPicks.
Chunky Cable Purse
I've made it twice with Sierra, the yarn recommended. It's fairly nice and soft but does pill slightly. This time I made it with Hubro from Dale.

I ADORE this yarn. I've loved all yarns I've used from Dale and this is no exception. It's a Super Bulky, 100% Wool yarn. It's very lofty and gives great stitch definition. This is a very clever pattern. You knit it in the round and close the bottom off. You need handles, magnetic closures and a little canvas tote bag. The handles are removed from the tote and it's inverted to become a nice liner for the purse.
It's large enough to hold my full sized wallet and a cell phone easily. I've had many compliments/comments on mine. This one is for my best friend in Las Vegas for her birthday. (Hi J if you are reading!) Hope she likes it. :)

Specs:
Pattern: Chunky Cable Purse
Yarn: 3 skeins Hubro, 0020 (cream), 4132 (dusty rose), 5062 (plum)
Needles: 16 in size 9, Addi Naturas
Mods: I made it a few row longer
Started: January 31, 2007
Finished: February 1, 2007

I'm going to have to take the leftover Hubro make a zipper bag or something to felt, just to try it out.

Not sure what I'm going to tackle next. I have more Fun Fur that needs to be made into Chemo Caps. Also our local Guild is making blankets for the Humane Society. Decisions Decisions!