Saturday, January 12, 2008

An FO and hell....

I've been working on my mom's jaywalkers in STR's Silkie, but really haven't been enjoying it. I just wanted something else to knit. That's when I realized that my youngest daughter doesn't have a knit hat or mittens. I can fix that!

I tried to do something from my stash, but ended up shopping anyway. I used the Mode Dea Sassy Stripes.

Specs:
Pattern:
Swirly Hat from Not Just Socks For Kids by Sandi Rosner
Yarn: Sassy Stripes, Moda Dea
Needles: size 3
Started: January 2008
Finished: January 2008

She really likes it

The back is so cute!
The hat is done on 3's so it isn't super fast, but being a child's hat it's ok. The final product is really cute. :)

So that's the FO, where's the hell? Um right here..


Yay. That would be my 'craft closet'. As mentioned before the majority of our things were in storage for the past 2 years, so now I'm digging through it. I still have 2 or 3 boxes in the basement to sort out and then I can take a stab at organizing it all.

There's miniature painting things, baskets, tons of fabric, a blue and red blanket I started crocheting TWENTY years ago *cough*, some fiberfill and other various crud. Ugh.

One of these days it will be organized! I swear. :) At least it's getting out of the basement so I can actually see what I have.

Get your shit together 2008!