Thursday, January 3, 2008

Do you Blog in your head?



I am so bad about that. I totally blog in my head..you know 'Hmm. This is cool. I should take pictures and blog about it. I'll say 'blah blah blah' and put this picture there etc.' I even get so far as to take the photos, but do I post? Nope, I did it already in my head. You mean you can't read it? Damn.

Here's a recap of the last month.

I survived. That's really about all I can say with confidence. We finished our attic renovation ,that started 18 months ago, moved our 2 girls upstairs with all their massive amounts of crap, had my mom here for 10 days, got a sinus infection (me) and managed to survive the holidays. Gifts were given, happily unwrapped and I can't WAIT for both my girls to go back to school! One went today and the other goes next week. Whew.


My most exciting gift this year was MY ROOM. Yep, I inherited the room the girls had been using. It's my yarn/craft room/spare room. I love it. LOVE IT.


My friend, C, said it looks like a mini Yarn Store. Squeeee. Gotta love that. :)

I really haven't been knitting. I had a ton of trim to paint before we could have the carpet installed upstairs and that kills my hands. Last thing I want to do is knit. :P But I finally started the last few days and dug into Cat Bhordi's new book. Here are my little baby learning socks.



I struggled with these a bit because I tried to over think it. In other words I tried to figure out what the hell Cat was doing and fought it. DON'T fight Cat. She actually knows what the hell she's doing. :)

Sorry about the poor winter light. I wasn't the only one trying to find it...


Snow has fallen a few times here in Wisconsin. I hate the cold, but am thankful I have a reason to wear handknits, and damn snow can be beautiful.


I'm looking forward to a great 2008 and seeing what you are all up to!