Saturday, January 19, 2008

Literature!

I have 2 young daughters, I like to knit and I love to read. These things kind of cross each other out and you have to make choices and find run arounds. I have two that I really love!

My iPod!
Oh ya baby. As stupid as it sounds the iPod I got last Christmas really changed my life. Isn't that silly? I listen to a variety of podcasts: Craftlit, Escapepod, Pseudopod, A Prairie Home Companion:News from Lake Wobegon, The Classic Tales Podcast
I listen to a ton of knitting related podcasts, most listed in the sidebar, but we're talking lit. :)
I purchased a subscription to Audible.com and have listened to some great books! Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert is the current thing in my 'ears'. Past reads were Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman, The Chopin Manuscript which was a book written for Audible by various mystery authors, Heartsick by Chelsea Cain, The Colour of Magic by Terry , The Wheel of Darkness by Lincoln Child and Douglas Preston. Another way to listen to books is check them out from your library on CDs.
There are many different MP3 players that are good deals on the market. They don't have to have a huge memory, so if you don't have one and like to read, GET one! :D

PBS/DVR/Tivo
I feel like I'm freaking old, but PBS runs some amazing productions and I'd never really been able to catch them. Every local PBS station runs things at different times and it was a pain in the ass to try and track it all down. Now? With the advent of Tivo/DVR I've been able to watch so many lovely things! Currently Masterpiece Theater is running a marathon of Complete Works of Jane Austen. It's amazing. I watched Persuasions the other night. I LOVED it.

I also watch Agatha Christie's Miss Marple Mysteries, Nature and American Experience. I've become an old lady apparently! I sit in my chair, knit and watch PBS....and I love it!

Yep I'm old!

The socks for my mom's friend are moving along but I don't have my camera right now! The rest of my family is at the Wisconsin Dells for the weekend and took it, so pictures will have to come later. (I voluntarily stayed home. I don't 'DO' the cold, so the Flake Out Festival is not really my thang!)